Friday, August 29, 2014

Amazing can only be contained for so long, that is the simplest description I have of Simangaliso Owami Dlamini. Let his risk taking personality be a wake up call... I managed to interview him and this is what he had to say about himself..



After high school I went to the university of Johanessburg in Auckland park to study Film and TV and in a short space of 3years I archived my degree. 

During my second and 3rd year I interned at a company called Touch Media Plus were I was a cameraman and editor.

Immediately after finishing my degree I managed to acquire myself an internship at SABC and worked on a show that has not yet been aired called "sheroes".

 A month later, I co-created a popular show for SABC 1 called "Sunday Chillaz". The show aims to reflect and accentuate the Sunday mood using soul music and to my surprise, I was promoted to  Executive Producer of the show. At the tender age of 21 I have produced more than 38 episodes on that show making me the youngest executive producer in South African TV.


Working at SABC was a huge learning curve for me however, as days turned into weeks and weeks into months I had an epiphany. I had always felt strange about working for a paycheck, in my mind it was like working for a false sense of security so I decided to make my dreams my priority. Left with only 13 episodes to produce, I decided to quit my job at SABC and start Vuur Val Productions.

Vuur Val Productions is a television and production company specializing in drama for Tv documentaries and film only. At this moment in time it is still a young production company trying to find its place within the broadcasting industry.































Despite all the help that I receive from my mates I am still the only permanent worker here and everyone else is freelancing. Vuur Val Productions creates and produces documentaries, drama series for tv and films. Our aim is to build a relationship with all big broadcasters and distribution companies in South Africa. 

We are not really big on youtube but in the future we may upload our work for promotion purposes because like with every other project, funding poses a big challenge and without it it becomes hard to set projects off the ground. Alot of artists out there experience the same issue but that alone is not enough to pull us down, doing what we love keeps us motivated.





Currently Vuur Val Production is a consultant to Independent producers who are creating new shows and whatever amount of profit we make through consultation is used to generate our own projects. Once our big projects get a green light we will let people know what to look forward to.

Big companies like Quizzical Pictures which has manged over the years to produce good stories for South Africans is where we draw our inspiration from. We hope to partner with them in the future.






My message to the youth is simple. Rather than working for a salary which can only take you to certain point, work on building your dreams.
Do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone in persuit of your dreams. It might be the best decision of your life!.



Any one who wishes to contact us can do so through our
business phone:
081 793 2966









2 comments: