Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This man needs no introduction.. his work speaks enough volume on its own..


 Lawu Mahome



Tell us a bit about your background, would you say that you had a disadvantaged background?
Well, I would give you a common answer of a modest entrepreneur and say I'm just an average Joe but I'm not.
I don't see my upbringing as a disadvantage,I grew up in Soweto and later moved to Alberton. I never really lived a lavish lifestyle but just enough to be exposed to see what money can buy.
   
I was privileged enough to be granted the opportunity to attend school at Maryvale High and later transferred to Marais Viljoen High where I spent my remaining high school years. When I left high school I continued working and remained persistent in chasing my passion for entrepreneurship. 

How did the inception of ONE Media South Africa Group come about? 



ONE Media South Africa Group started off as an entertainment brand that hosted events, hired out different brands and artists like the Cape Town born, talented Idols golden ticket winner Tebogo Louw. A while later, the path that I had chosen caught an eye of private investor who admired what I was doing and wanted to invest in my business. I embraced this opportunity and in no time witnessed a significant growth in my company. 

Describe any Pull or Push factors unique to your scenario that encouraged you to start ONEMediaZA Group
Leaders lead by example and followers follow and if there are any push factors behind starting my own company the blame could be pointed at my un-containable passion for entrepreneurship. Being unable to afford what I desired and the hunger I've always had, and still have, for acquiring and expanding my wealth also pushed me to explore the business world in fact, these attributes played a major role in the lessons I've gathered through my venture. An important one I learned the hard way is that profit is not generated over night and my persistence saw me through this obstacle.

What is ONEMediaZA Group and what ventures does it embark on?

ONEMediaZA Group South Africa is a household of three companies;URmagazine,Eyeon Advertising and DoIT4U that all differ in the service they provide but still share a common focus which is to fully explore and find an untapped niche in the marketing and advertising world.




Urban Reality Magazine commonly know as URmagazine,is a digital magazine that came to life in 2011.It covers and provides feeds on media personalities,business profiles,news,entertainment, money matters,fashion,work opportunities,bursaries,motivational talks and a lot more.The magazine still on hold until further notice




We also create opportunities for young and ambitions students from various varsities by giving them internships to allow them the opportunity of a sound experience of real world work, and based on their performance some of them get rewarded with full time employment within our company.

DoITSolutions4U is an Information technology company which currently provides services like Web development and hosting. We are gradually growing and most of the services we have on the drawing board will soon be implemented in 2015.

Eyeon Advertising is an in house advertising company that is responsible for not only advertising the ONEMediaZA Group and its different aspects and services but also provides outdoor advertising for external clients in different fields of business.

How important is it for a brand to have a strong online presence and how did the Internet help you grown ONEMediaZA Group?

Unlike a lot of common successful business men I never had a mentor when I entered the business world.The Internet cleared out large amounts of confusions that I had and provided me with instant value adding answers for my business.

In this forever expanding digital world of ours where social media has become one's second identity, not only is the Internet the most powerful tool for reaching potential clients and getting leads for your business but it is the most cost effect way of doing it. You can literally convert leads into sales over the net without physically appearing to a client or spending a cent which is why I recommend every businessman and women to fully explore the diverse opportunities that the net has to offer for their business.

Who is your biggest competitor and what sets you apart from other advertising companies?

Because we are a group company that provides different services it is hard to put a finger on our competitors. Our services are tailored to suit unique requirements for unique clients.

Our mission is not to set ourselves remotely apart from other advertising companies because we provide various services that can be found in other companies as well but due to the diverse nature of the compartments within the group, our primary priority is the unforgettable experience that we offer our clients and it is here where we harvest our worker satisfaction.




What obstacles have you encountered with ONEMediaZA Group thus far?

One that stuck with me however was not getting the support I expected from the closest people in my life. I figured since they have always believed in me it would be easy for them to see my vision but to my disappointment none of them thought that going back and forth attending meetings to see this project through was worth sacrificing my time and putting my family on hold.

Another challenge that I faced which is a common obstacle for a lot of entrepreneurs was raising capital and acquiring specific resources that were necessary to get this type of company off the found.   

What has been your biggest breakthrough thus far?
Making my first successful sale that left my client glowing with satisfaction.
  
Has your work at ONEMediaZA been financially rewarding?
I get this question a lot and though ONEMediaZA has been financially good to me, I always warn people not to compare value with money and it is through this principle that I aim to bolster the company's clout. A prolonged sense of relevance is what every company works for and as long as we have a team like ours that lives off innovation and displays it in every project, our time here will always be worth it.  



Which big advertising company do you hope to one day work with in the future?

None. We have already recognized the potential that ONEMediaZA Group has and know that a bright future is coming our way, which is the reason why we are waiting for them to come propose a partnership to us, who knows perhaps we could even end up buying a couple of them in the near future.    


Do you Meditate?
I used to meditate and I enjoyed it but due to the nature of my schedule I hardly have time for it, I even often find myself missing meals just to keep up with it.


I love going out and meeting new people because conversing is where networking starts and I think every one who goes out must learn how to take advantage of it and learn how to politely pick people's brains because every one you meet is a potential client, or even better, you might find yourself a mentor.






Do you have a motto that you live by?
Not a motto but a way of life. I never try to live up to other people's expectations and always remember to make myself happy. There is nothing wrong with having big dreams as long as you do not forget where you come from. 

Stable Job or Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship. Security is overrated.

Would you describe yourself as a "Power hungry entrepreneur"?
Not at all. Anyone can be granted all the power in the world but still not know how to use it.

Do you believe that every one's path has been predetermined for them?
Yes, I strongly believe in destiny and also believe that only people who realize and chose to live for their purpose discover their true potential where else those who live against it tend to be accompanied by misery.

What sets you apart from the youth of today?
I am honestly no different from anyone else I just happen to have been blessed with a lot of influence and some form of dominance over my generation that's all. Apart from that I am just a soul who is trying to do good in this world by doing good things and living for my purpose.  

What is you message to aspiring entrepreneurs and the youth?
Always remember what influences you to begin and what keeps you going. Be thankful for whatever struggle you are going through because it is through it you will learn valuable lessons, besides, someone else is going through an even more gruesome hardship than yours.  

And also, contact me and lets meet up...

Twitter:@Sir_Mahome
Personal website: www.lawumahome.brandyourself.com 

Company handles: 
@ONEMediaZA
@URmagazine
@Eyeon
@DoIT4U_ZA





1 comment:

  1. ONE of thee Greatest Individual/Boss I've had the pleasure of working with........

    Great Article Mahome

    ReplyDelete